Modern slavery and Human trafficking
This statement is made as part of our company’s commitment to eliminating the exploitation of people under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the Act). It summarises
how our company (&MATHER) operates, the policies and processes in place to minimise the possibility of any problems, any risks we have identified and how we
monitor them, and remain knowledgeable and abreast of changes in legislation or
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes &MATHER’s slavery and human trafficking statement in respect of its
current financial year.
1 Our Business
&MATHER is a Limited company operating in the professional services Sector. &MATHER provides the following services and works.
1.1 Who we work with
We provide a range of Bid Management and Consultancy services to public and private sector clients. Typically customers are SMEs, large employers and VCSEs in the following industries: Education & Training, Creative & Digital, Consultancy and Professional Services.
1.2 Other relationships
We do not have any direct relationships with Awarding Bodies, Regulatory Bodies, Professional or Trade Bodies. Our clients work with, and to, the required standards
from their respective professional membership organisations.
1.3 Our Policies
&MATHER has the following policies which incorporate ethical standards for staff and suppliers.
- Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Equal Opportunities and Positive working environment
- Social Value
1.4 Policy development and review
&MATHER Policies are based on advice from Professionals, Industry best practice and Legal advice, and in consultation with other stakeholders. We review our policies
annually or as needed to adapt to changes in legislation.
2 Our Processes for Managing Risk
In order to assess the risk of modern slavery, we use the following processes with our suppliers we review the potential for risk at regular intervals, including the
possibility of re-auditing a supplier or conducting spot checks.
- We reserve the right to conduct spot-checks of the businesses who supply us, in order to investigate any complaints
- We are open to collaborating with our suppliers in order to improve standards and transparency across our supply chain
- We ensure our suppliers are members of appropriate industry bodies and/or working groups.
3 Our Performance
As part of monitoring the performance of &MATHER we track the following general key performance indicators:
- the percentage of suppliers who sign up to an appropriate code / provide their own modern slavery statements
- the effectiveness of enforcement against suppliers who breach policies
- the amount of time spent on audits, re-audits, spot checks, and related due diligence.
As part of our ongoing commitment to understanding modern slavery and learning to spot the signs we regularly review UK Government resources. Guidance documents
are available to access and download here and here .